- HORSE BOARDING
- AGREEMENT AND LIABILITY RELEASE
1. For and in consideration of the board of the HORSE on the part of the BARN OWNER, OWNER agrees to pay the sum of __________ per ______________ per horse, to be payable at the first of each month. A late charge of $25.00 per horse will be added to the bill on payments made after the 20th of each month
2. If the horse becomes ill or is injured, THE STABLE and/or BARN OWNER shall Attempt to telephone the OWNER immediately. If the OWNER does not immediately inform THE STABLE and/or BARN OWNER regarding measures to be taken or if the state of the animal’s health requires immediate action, THE STABLE and/or BARN OWNER is authorized to request the services of a veterinarian or to give any other attention that appears advisable. The OWNER shall promptly pay all expenses for all services. OWNER requests and authorizes BARN OWNER to administer medication and/or medical treatment to HORSE. OWNER waives any and all rights to sue or hold responsible in any way BARN OWNER for any damages related to this request for and administration of medical treatment to HORSE.
3. OWNER shall pay all costs and charges of and for special services listed hereinafter, and all farrier, veterinary and medical costs that may be incurred hereinafter for the HORSE.
4. The OWNER agrees that THE STABLE and/or BARN OWNER shall not be liable for damages to horse of any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to, loss by fire, theft or running away. The OWNER further agrees he/she shall be solely responsible at all times for any and all acts of the animal including, but not limited to damage to THE STABLE’S property such as stalls, buckets, lighting, fencing, wiring, etc., and claims or injuries or loss of life that may be sustained by OWNER, his/her family, invitees, and agents, or any other person on their property.
5. The OWNER is advised that horses are unpredictable by nature, often high strung or nervous by nature, extremely strong and powerful physically, are extremely heavy, that when a horse is frightened, angry, under stress or feels threatened it is his/her instinct to jump forward or sideways, to run away from danger at a trot or gallop, it may also kick straight back, sideways in either direction, or even forward with either of its hind legs with tremendous force, that it can strike with one or both front legs, bite, throw its head up or run directly over whatever it fears. OWNER is advised that loud and/or sudden unexpected movements, dropping of objects near a horse, approaching vehicles or animals can provoke a horse to react according to its natural protective instincts.
6. The OWNER agrees their HORSE will be wormed, immunized, and their teeth floated on a regular basis. Proof of a yearly coggins test must be provided to BARN OWNER.
7. OWNER must give THE STABLE at least 30 days prior notice before removing the HORSE from the stable for the purpose of breaking the agreement. No HORSE will be allowed to leave THE STABLE unless all bills are paid in full.
8. In the event that someone other than the OWNER or his/her family members calls for the HORSE, such person shall have written permission signed by the OWNER to remove or ride said HORSE. OWNER will be responsible for the conduct of their guests at THE STABLE.
9 THE STABLE feeds up to a three # coffee can of grain twice a day, and feeds two flakes of hay twice a day when the horse is in a stall. If OWNER wishes to have additional grain or hay, there is an extra charge that will be discussed and decided between BARN OWNER, and OWNER if desired. There is also an extra charge for, but not limited to, fans that are put up, heated water buckets, shavings, blankets put on and taken off, sunscreen put on horses, any type of exercising the horse, doctoring of the horse, holding the horse for the vet and farrier, etc. If any of these acts are desired or any other extra acts desired, these too will be discussed beforehand and prices will be set between BARN OWNER, and HORSE OWNER. Shavings will not be provided by THE BARN and/or BARN OWNER.
10. OWNER is hereby advised that direct loss or damage, or injury to the HORSE. tack equipment, trailer and vehicle is not covered while on the premises by THHIS STABLE’S insurance. Because you, as actual OWNER of these items, have the financial interest in them, it is up to you to be sure they are insured under a homeowner’s , tenant’s or other insurance policy, or under a separate policy as in the case of the loss of a horse.
11. The OWNER hereby grants a lien on the HORSE along with its registration certificate issued by the breed association, if applicable, to THE STABLE for all charges resulting from boarding and rendering any other services to the HORSE. If any such charges shall be unpaid for a period of fifteen days after they come due. THE STABLE may, upon fifteen days notice in writing to the OWNER sell the HORSE along with any registration certificate issued by the breed association at public or private sale to satisfy the account. OWNER agrees to relinquish title to any and all breed association registration papers upon the enactment of this clause. The notice may be served by registered or certified mail with return receipt requested, addressed to the address of the OWNER.
12. That this agreement is entered into the state of Oklahoma and will be interpreted and enforced under the laws of this state.